The vision of the department is to provide the leadership to enable India's excellence
in the field of Electrical Engineering to produce comprehensively trained, socially
responsible, innovative Electrical Engineers and Researchers of highest quality
to contribute to the nation’s growth.
Our mission is to provide high-quality education to our students both at the undergraduate
and graduate level. The objective of our program is to impart strong fundamental
and applied knowledge in the electrical engineering discipline, follow the evolution
of our discipline boundaries and reflect them in our offered curriculum and student
training, support our students’ development of critical thinking, problem solving,
and teamwork skills, and provide our students with an understanding of the continuously
increasing contributions of the electrical engineering discipline to society. Students
who successfully complete our academic program should thus be able to actively contribute
to the improvement of the current state-of-the-art within the electrical engineering
- To offer Under-Graduate programmes in electrical engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centers of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems