In view of the requirement of large number of Civil Engineers due to huge investment
by Government of India in infrastructure development, the Department of Civil Engineering
was started from the academic year 2010. The department has been imparting quality
education to meet the technological advancement and industrial requirements. This
has been made possible due to qualified and dedicated faculty, state of the art
laboratories and infrastructure facilities. It is proposed to establish all laboratories
as per the requirement of BTU Syllabus with state of art equipment’s.
Civil Engineers build the world's infrastructure. Within the branch of civil engineering,
career path options vary. Experienced engineers generally do more complex analysis
or design work, or management of more complex design projects, or management of
other engineers, or into specialized consulting, including forensic engineering.
- The civil engineering career opens a lot of opportunities in various Government
Sectors. They are also employed in all major construction projects carried out by
Central and State Government agencies.
- There are equally good opportunities in the private sector for civil engineers as
a Construction Engineer, Hydraulics Engineer, Structural Engineer, Transportation
Engineer, Environmental Engineer etc.
- Civil engineers can also get employed in armed forces where they can make imperative
inputs in protecting our country.
- Civil engineers can start up their own engineering consultancy and Construction
Company and become successful managers and entrepreneurs.
- Civil engineers can get employment abroad also particularly in gulf countries where
a lot of construction activity is presently going on.